- This event has passed.
Join NYSMTA District 4’s Student Composition Project!
Publish your students’ compositions, and give them an opportunity to perform their compositions and to hear other young composers’ works!
1 Only the members can submit the work and payment.
2. Student compositions may be any length.
3. Compositions may be for any instrument, combination of instruments, dance, or film.
4. Compositions must be written in a notation program such as Musescore (Free!), Sibelius, or Finale (teachers may assist in this process) or hand written with black ink and a ruler to draw all bar lines and stems.
5. Compositions may be submitted electronically as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, May 31st, 2020. $18 entry fee per student paid via PayPal. Please consolidate the fees into one payment.
6. Participating composers are invited to perform in recitals via Zoom. The recital dates are TBA (Early June). Composers who are not performing their works themselves are responsible for organizing a group or putting it together possibly using an application such as BandLab.
7. Participating students and their teachers are awarded a copy of the Young Originals publication at after the concerts.
8. Participants are encouraged to submit music-themed artwork for the covers of the Young Originals publication. Artwork must be in black ink on white paper and should include, in large bold letters: the title, volume, year and sponsorship of the book:
YOUNG ORIGINALS / VOLUME XXXIII/ 2020/ Sponsored by the NYSMTA District 4
All artwork will be reviewed and judged. The best two entries will be used for the front and back covers of the Young Originals publication.
Concerts will be held via ZOOM on Sunday
June 14, 2020: 1 pm; 2:15 pm; 3:30 pm.
I look forward to receiving your students’ compositions!
Any questions? Contact Christine Johannsen at: email@example.com or 845-628-7980