Young Pianists Competition
June 5 All day
NYSMTA District 4 “Young Pianists Competition” Guideline
1. Audition Date:
Saturday, June 5th, 2021, between 9 am and 5 pm. (TBD) The event will start with the younger category in the morning and move up to the older. It will be held at:
The Greenville Community Church
270 Ardsley Road
Elementary (Grades 4-5)
Junior (Grades 6-8)
Senior (Grades 9-12)
The application process will open up on TBD for the district members and TBD for non-district members.
(please check back later)
It is open to the members of the district as well as non-members. Past first-prize winners cannot compete in the same category.
4. Repertoire Requirements:
1. Two contrasting pieces from the following periods: Baroque, Classical, Romantic and Contemporary. The audition time allotment is as follows: 7 minutes for Elementary level, 10 minutes for Junior and Senior levels. If the submitted repertoire is deemed inappropriate for the category applying to, the application will be canceled and fee refunded. If the total duration of the pieces is longer than the allotted time, it is judges’ discretion to stop the student. Please refer to the last year’s winners’ concert program here.
2. All music must be memorized, no simplified or shortened versions allowed.
3. If your pieces exceed the allotted audition time, you will be stopped at the judges’ discretion. If your repertoire does not meet the standard of the competition, your application will be denied and fee refunded.
4. After your repertoire is submitted and approved, there will be no changes allowed.
5. Please bring one copy of the original music of your audition pieces for the judges. Contestants who do not bring a legal copy of the music will not be allowed to audition.
5. Winner’s Concert date:
TBD (please check back later)
The non-refundable entry fee is $50/applicant of the district members and $75 for non-district members, starting on TBD. The entry fees are not refundable once the applications are submitted.
There will be up to three winners chosen for each category. Cash prizes will be awarded to those winners of each category. The judges’ decision is final and a total of 20 performers will also be selected to perform in the Winners’ Concert on TBD. You must be present at the recital to receive the prize.
If you have any questions regarding the competition, please contact Tomoko Uchino, Competition Coordinator at email@example.com